Friday, April 3, 2009

way to grow!

Today Jason had his 6 month "well baby" appointment, a little late.

First, the stats. Measured in at 20lbs even and 27.25in. If you are thinking that is big (don't get me wrong, it is) may I remind you that Tyler was 22lbs3oz and 26in. So Jason weighs a little less and is a little more proportioned, but "healthy" (the doctor's nice word for "huge"). He said he was in the 90th percentile for both height and weight!

He's pleased with all his milestones and I got to hear lots of boring stuff like using sunscreen and keeping him in his crib.

He agreed that Jason's "cold" has been around far too long in his short little life, so he gave us some allergy medication to try. In the meantime he wants us to try to wean him off his reflux meds (most cases of reflux are outgrown by 6 months apparently). He also wants me to continue to add more foods to my diet since he seems to be doing fine.

In related news, I am slowly transitioning Jason out of our bed, which is exciting, although incredibly tiring. Last night (for the first night EVER) I was able to nurse him and put him into his crib. Granted he only slept for 20 minutes, but it's a step in the right direction. At least he's letting me nurse him in the rocker and is (sometimes) falling asleep! I'll take what I can get. As we speak he is in his crib again and has been there for 42 minutes!!!! My baby is growing up!

2 comments:

Karen said...

When I went through the reflux with Joshua, I was told most kids grow out of it by 1 year old. Anyway, Joshua didn't even get meds until he was 6 months old and didn't get the right kind and amount until he was 8 months old so I wish you luck weaning him off the reflux meds. Great news about the crib transition. Lots of luck with that too!

Heather said...

I couldn't wean Tyler off of reflux meds until much later, but I will try as recommended. No harm in that and then I'll put him right back on them if I have to!