Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April Fool's

"Mommy, you forgot to tie your shoelaces...(giggle)...April Fool's". Ah, such is my day today with Tyler. Thanks Mom for teaching him about April Fool's jokes! I must say, that this his best one, which he is really only repeating from my mom. The rest go something like this....

"Mommy, you forgot to wear your shirt"
"Mommy, there's a monkey on your head"
"Daddy, you forgot to wear your shirt" (repeated seconds after telling the same "joke" to me).

Very convincing, I must say. LOL.

In other unrelated news, Jason had his first non-cereal food today, sweet potatoes. He made this hideous face, and then right way tried to get more. I guess he liked it!





In other (related) news, I'm eating wheat again. It's day 4 of it and all is going well. Not a sign of any issues. Wahoo! Keep your fingers crossed. Oh, and I'm pretty convinced that Jason's congestion is seasonal allergies. He doesn't have a single sign of the cold that they claimed he "probably" had, other than the congestion, but he keeps rubbing at his eyes. I myself have a scratchy throat every morning and itching eyes. Tree pollen is high. Lovely, another little boy with allergies.

I'm back to being a single mommy, at least for a few days (and hopefully ONLY a few days). Al left for Oregon this morning and should be back this weekend. At least it's this week and not next week. I'm not sure I could handle 4 days by myself without the distraction of school for Tyler (spring break is next week).

No comments: