Sunday, April 5, 2009

i can't pass up free

If you know me you know I love a bargain. I search out deals all the time. When I came across this kid's workshop for FREE at Home Depot, I knew I'd have to take Tyler. Tyler got his (FREE) little apron (which he insists on calling a smock) and bird house kit. He loved making it, and upon completion he got a little certificate. He already had me mark on his calendar the next kid's workshop at Home Depot.



Just for fun I looked them up and there is a free one at Lowe's this coming Saturday (which happens to be a bird feeder). My parents will be here visiting so he's already reserved my dad for bringing him to this event. Apparently my mom and I have been permitted to "stay home with the baby".

So, that was our big Saturday. The rest of the day we spent recovering from our long day visiting my grandparents yesterday. The boys had tons of fun, but it made for a long day! And around 6:00pm Al finally made it back home from Oregon. Tyler had him immediately join him in lego creation.

Oh, Jason found his voice. When I say that I mean that Jason found his ability to shriek. Loudly. It's quite cute though.

Jason slept in his crib last night for almost 4 hours, and then went back down for 3. I could hardly believe it. Unfortunately I think it's attributed to the sleep deficit, shot recovery, and Tylenol dosage. Tonight he slept for 40 minutes before I gave up and put him in his swing. The good news is, it's midnight and he's not in our bed yet. For the first time in 6 months Al and I got to watch TV together in our own bed!

2 comments:

Homemade Happenings said...

How fun!! I think I will have to find out some info on this one for Ella - she loves projects like this! I love free too :)

jamielblev said...

How cool! I need to check into this for Shelby!