Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Mommy Necklaces

A long time ago, while I was on modified bed rest while pregnant with Tyler, I started to frequent WebMD. While there I met many wonderful women, many of which I became close with, sharing the details of our pregnancies and then later our births of our little babies. One of those women was Raelynn, who eventually give birth to a beautiful baby girl, Megan. Like many of us, she struggled with nursing, but I always admired her determination. Due to some struggles, she ended up creating a "nursing necklace" which allowed her to continue to nurse her daughter. Many moms on the board expressed an interest in her necklaces and she began selling them. Although I had ended up resorting to formula with feeding Tyler, I told her that I'd be buying one if I ever ended up being able to nurse a child. 4.5 years later, I finally made good on that promise. Raelynn is now a mommy of two and owns and operates a successful business called "Mommy Necklaces" which carries a line of beautiful jewelry, perfectly safe for us moms.

Here I am on Easter wearing my first, but hopefully not last, necklace. I've already received many comments and compliments on it.


Every Monday on her blog she features a different mommy. I happen to be that mommy this week! Feel free to go on over and check it out here. http://mommynecklaces.com/blog/

If you happen to be a nursing mommy in need of a gorgeous, and safe, piece of jewelry, I urge you to check out her site. In fact, anyone can enjoy these necklaces. I know most of us like to support work-at-home-moms, and I assure you that she is one of the best! Her jewelry can be found here. http://www.mommynecklaces.com/

4 comments:

Melodie said...

What makes these necklaces more safe than others?

Karlise said...

Those are so cute!

M, check out her safety page. http://www.mommynecklaces.com/nursingnecklacesafety.htm

Tiffany said...

Very nice! Great pic of you with the boys and I enjoyed reading about your experience. I'm having my own issues with nursing this time around and it is rather frustrating. We are working through it, but I've only got one month down. I hope when Zach is seven months old I can say we conquered our issues and are still going strong! Thanks for the inspiration!

Jen said...

I have have been following Raelynn's blog but missed this! I need to go read your mommy of the week post! How cool! Do you still frequent webmd?