Friday, April 17, 2009

enjoying our last days together

My parents will be heading out on Saturday morning, and we'll all be sad to see them go. We've been trying to take advantage of our time together.

Today (Thursday) Tyler went back to school and the rest of us went to the library in the morning. My dad wanted a book on CD for the drive back to NJ, and I had a couple of baby food books on hold. While we were there it just happened to be storytime for babies, so I decided to pop in. In was hysterical to see all the babies paying little to no attention to the stories, but I think Jason enjoyed himself. If nothing else I can say I started taking Jason to the library for storytime when he was just a baby.

At the library we got a few movies. This afternoon we finally introduced Tyler to a classic: The Muppets Take Manhattan. I think he got quite a kick out of it.

Tonight was t-ball. Next week is their first game, which should prove to be entertaining if nothing else. As my mom pointed out, it's a true sign that it's a 3 and 4-year-old team when there are sippy cups involved. Not to mention that probably close to half the team members were held by a parent at some point. If the goal is having fun, they are very successful. Competition might not be as successful. They very much excel in twirling, putting gloves on their heads, and being silly. It's comical, but they are learning and having fun and that's all that really matters.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Tyler looks so cute in his uniform! CG starts soccer this morning so I'm sure I'll be treated to the strong dose of preschool athletics. Love love love the baby storytelling! Priceless!