Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Sunday!

Easter morning came way too early after a long night with the baby. However, Tyler was up and ready to start the day. He was VERY excited with the goodies that the Easter Bunny left, and didn't even question the fact that he only got one small piece of candy. He loved his puzzle, jump rope, side walk chalk, etc. Jason seemed unphased by his baby food carrots, easter book, and whatever else he got.

Tyler was busy playing with his stuff (and my mom) while my dad and I tried to clean up and get ready for my grandparents arrival. My mom, unfortunately, got stuck with food preparation. Meanwhile Jason learned to suck on his thumb. He has always chewed on it, but today he learned to suck. Slow learner I suppose. LOL. My grandparents arrived by 1:30'ish and the food preparation continued.

It was a long afternoon, and I don't think I was in the right frame of mind at all, but Tyler had a lot of fun and the family was together so that is what matters. Jason was all off schedule, not really wanting to nap for fear that he'd miss the fun. Tyler thoroughly enjoyed his Easter Egg hunt (eggs filled with coins, those sponges that grow when you put them in water, and Easter erasers).

Dinner was delicious, and I decided to eat whatever I wanted (in moderation) so hopefully I don't pay for that later. I've been testing the waters recently with the foods that I've been eating, and the results seem mixed. Wheat and eggs have been in my diet for probably a couple weeks now, with no issues whatsoever. Still confused about the dairy. Jason did vomit one day, but I don't know if that was related to what I ate or the fact that he was running a fever from his vaccinations and had missed his reflux meds that morning. The other foods I tested out (cupcake at Easter party, and even some custard yesterday at Disney) seemed to cause no reaction. Perplexing. Anyway, dinner was delicious!

Later I attempted to get some cute Easter pics of the baby, without success. I can't say the day was unproductive though, because Jason did finally manage to get his foot IN his mouth so he can suck on his toes. Life is good in his little world.

After a few photos my grandparents got on the road at maybe 7:30 and we finally got the boys in bed. It was a long day and I SHOULD be sleeping, but I fell asleep nursing the baby at around 8:30. My body was thrown off by that little nap so now I'm WIDE awake at 1:49am. Grrr.

Anyway, happy Easter to all, even though it is belated!















1 comment:

Jen said...

I love these Easter pictures! I especially love the one with the ears!