Monday, April 27, 2009

7 months!!

So on Saturday Jason turned 7 months. Where has the time gone? Well, he's "talking" a ton, but not truly babbling yet. Just lots of screeches to let you know he's there. He's sitting up quite well (as you can tell from pictures). Not quite crawling yet, but very determined. He's still spending a good portion of his day attempting to eat his toes. He spends the rest of his time staring at Tyler. He is just fascinated with him and Tyler has been showing more interest in hanging out with his little bro.

As for food, he's come a long way. He seems to have outgrown most of his sensitivities/allergies. He can tolerate the eggs and wheat just fine (or so it seems) and was doing okay with minimal amounts of dairy. Unfortunately he didn't fare so well when I increased the amounts and ended up vomiting, gassy, miserable, and had blood in his stool yet again. So for now I'm back off the dairy and soy, at least until his tummy calms down. I'm confident that I can reintroduce it again, at least in small amounts. I have a feeling that cheese is still off-limits, but that's okay. As far as his actual consumption, he's doing better with his eating. He has proven to dislike green beans. He's still uncertain about avocados and peas. He enjoys rice cereal, bananas, sweet potatoes, and carrots. I've also started experimenting with making my own baby food. He could care less, but I'm happy about it.

Lastly, I believe he's teething. Al laughs because he claims that I said this for 2.5 years with Tyler, but least night HE made the comment that he thinks he's teething. He's been running a fever off and on for 2 days, but has no signs of illness. Slightly runny nose (completely clear) and is just miserable. Those were all the signs with Tyler, and interestingly enough Tyler cut his first tooth right after he turned 7 months, so I guess we shall see if history is repeating itself.

So aside from his current potentially-teething uncomfortable predicament, I've got a happy little growing boy on my hands!

3 comments:

Kim said...

What a little cutie!!

Snack-Girl said...

What a gorgeous baby!
My favorite source on making homemade baby food is http://www.babyfood101.com
I hope this is helpful.
Lis

Michelle@lifeinawhirlwind said...

Happy 7 Months Jason! My how time flies.