Saturday, April 18, 2009

Spring Jubilee

On Friday we had a busy day. Tyler had school and afterwards we head to the mall to pick up our pictures from Sears. We ate lunch and Tyler played in the play area there. From there we came home and Jason napped while Tyler played various things with my parents. Meanwhile Al re-enlisted for another 6 years of military life. A relief and a pain, all in one! Anyway, after Jason woke up my parents and the 3 of us went over to the Spring Jubilee. I wasn't sure what to expect, but was pleasantly surprised by easy parking, beautiful weather, and low crowds. We got an arm band for Tyler and my dad (because Tyler needed to ride with an adult on many of the rides). Tyler tried all the typical little kid stuff before deciding (on his own) that he wanted to try the tilt-a-whirl. My dad did this, twice, with Tyler before becoming sick himself. At that point they were nice enough to let me take over the arm band and continue on the rides. Tyler shocked me by trying the little kids roller coaster AND the huge slide. All in all I believe he tried 13 rides, some of which he tried numerous times (he did the coaster at least 4 times and the slide at least 6 times). I'd say we got our money's worth off of the arm bands. He had an absolute ball and I was THRILLED that he tried some new stuff!



2 comments:

Karen said...

Glad you had a good time. We go every year and the arm bands are definitely worth it, lol.

Christine said...

Love the slide video!!!