Friday, April 17, 2009

4 generations in Disney

On Wednesday I pulled Tyler from school and we went to Disney.

Let me first say that I feel very blessed to say that I went to Disney with FOUR generations...myself, the boys, my parents, and my mom's parents. I am very lucky to say that I have grandparents in my life that I am close with. I realize that my boys are incredibly lucky to know their GREAT-grandparents. Tyler has a very special relationship with them and Jason just lights up when they are around.

In many ways our trip was memorable and I'm thrilled that we got to do it. Unfortunately it was incredibly crowded. The most crowded I have ever seen it. It was also tough physically on my 85 year old grandfather who insists he won't use a wheelchair until he's "old" (you gotta love his attitude and determination though, despite his stubbornness).

We didn't' get to do a lot, and sadly I don't own a group picture of us (I might cave and buy the expensive Disney one). However, here are a few highlights.

Jason FINALLY napping in my mom's arms.

Tyler exploring Pooh's play area with his stuffed Donald Duck.

Tyler excitedly showing my grandmother around the park (hand in hand)

Close-up of the peaceful baby.

My grandparents on small world.

Catching a glimpse of the parade from afar.

Cooling off with some ice cream (and they even had "rice dream", a dairy/soy-free treat, for me...Disney rocks)

Jason chowing down on some banana.

The boys with their great-grandparents.

Priceless.

2 comments:

Homemade Happenings said...

Looks like you all had a great time, even if it was short. I must say, your grandparents look incredible! In their 80's? Wow!

Tiffany said...

What a special experience! I tend to be cheap, but I think I'd spring for the expensive Disney group photo in this case. CG has a great grandfather she thinks the world of and I am just so grateful they have that relationship. Your grandfather is quite the trooper!