Sunday, April 12, 2009

Disney!!!! (picture heavy)

On Saturday we decided to brave the crowds and head on over to Disney. We were prepared for a potentially crowded and stressful trip, but my mom and Tyler needed their Disney fix. Plus right now they are having a military deal where military members get a 5 day pass for FREE and up to 5 members of their family or friends can get a 5 day pass for $100 each. That's an absolutely wonderful deal, so we finally get Disney back, at least for 5 days!

We got "tapped" right away with free parking, and then got to park in the handicapped parking section due to my mom's injury. We loaded up the double stroller and went to get out tickets. Then it was onto the monorail and into the park! While my mom got her handicapped ride pass the boys took in the sights of main street. Jason enjoyed his first few minutes in the Magic Kingdom...after all, it was his first time.

And, as usual, Tyler was on cloud nine.

We got to take in a little mini bonus parade, one that I had never seen before (it had music from High School Musical)

Although I'm not sure how much of it my dad was able to enjoy (or even see for that matter).

I couldn't help but get a picture of my favorite part of Jason's little outfit. The mickey crocs we bought before he was ever born. Perfect! I won't bother showing the pictures of the little cut-out mickey head indentations they made on his feet when I later realized they were too tight. LOL.

We stopped for mandatory castle pictures, where Jason learned that it was much more fun to ride on a wheelchair then in a stroller.



Next on Tyler's agenda was seeing Mickey. Again my mom's wheelchair status got us bumped right to the front of the line, which was nice (it was also the last time that happened)


Then we needed to get the boys their embroidered mickey ears. A necessity.

From there it was onto the teacups (Tyler and daddy) while Jason took a 2 minute snack (he felt no need to eat all day long, he was just too distracted).

Next I got to be very proud of Tyler for finally trying a new ride, Space Ranger Spin. He seemed a little leary in some parts, but he loved it and wanted to go on it again.

Next he tried another new ride, Astro Orbiter, while Jason napped in my mom's arms.

From there we head over to Pooh's Playful Place so Jason could play with mom-mom while Tyler ran around in his bathing suit.



Then we hit small world. Jason seemed fascinated, as was Tyler as usual.



Then we hit the Magic Carpet Ride (not sure of the real name) and then grabbed some dinner.

Then we attempted the carousel. Jason did not enjoy it, so Al took him off while I rode with Tyler who still seems to think a spinning fake horse is a bunch of fun.


Last, but not least, Tyler rode Dumbo with my mom while Jason tried to eat his feet again.




Then it was right back down main street, with a quick stop to pick out an Easter gift from my parents, before heading home.

We had a wonderful time!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Glad you had a good time. We were planning on going yesterday but no sleep changed our plans, lol. I was wondering how the crowds were going to be after reading Jen's post but we were going to brave it anyway. Glad it all worked out for you. Oh, and that military discount is awesome!!!