Thursday, November 20, 2008

New Jersey, day six

Our final day in New Jersey. So sad. Unfortunately I spent most of that readying myself for our plane ride home, which I was pretty stressed about. My grandparents did come over for a short time to say goodbye. Tyler was pretty sad.

Jason wore shoes today for the first time. I know that's pretty exciting, huh?

And on our way to the airport (while Jason slept the whole way...wahoo!) we passed $1.79 gas (no, Melodie, I didn't see your blog post until AFTER I had taken this picture).

We arrived at the Atlantic City airport, which I have to tell you, is the most kick-butt airport there is. First off, there is like 1 terminal. And you can park and easily walk right into the building. The estimated wait time to check-in (as per their website) is a whopping 2-3 minutes, which I'd say is very accurate. They arranged to give us an extra seat again on the plane AND they even let my mom accompany me to the gate. Tyler was very sad to say goodbye. Many tears were to be had, until I turned over our boarding pass to him and then he perked up with the excitement of beign in charge of such a monumental task as handing over the tickets to the flight attendent. He's too cool for his own good!

The boys were very good on the plane. Jason fussed/cried before take-off for a few minutes, but then nursed to sleep for about 30 minutes. Meanwhile Tyler read the flight manual (again), ate a snack, and then fell asleep for a good portion of the flight. Jason woke up, pooped, had his diaper changed, fussed/cried a little more, ate a little more, stared at the plane interior, nursed a little more, and then slept again. So, in total Jason probably slept 30-45 minutes and Tyler slept 90 minutes. Not bad! I was prepared for the worst.

I have to share what my sister-in-law told me, regarding my flying with 2 small children. Her friend said that I am "the bravest person I've never met". Insane? Brave? Same difference. I love it!

No comments: