Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I must be missing something

Admittedly I know very little about politics, because I'm still of the belief that the president should be decided by popular vote, and I oppose the whole electoral college thing.

That being said, how does the news predict that a certain state has been decided when only minimal amounts of the vote are in? I must be missing something. For instance, Fox news has reported that Obama has taken Pennsylvania, but yet at the bottom of the screen is says LESS THAN 1% of the precincts are reporting????

1 comment:

Melodie said...

I've often wondered that myself. Maybe they taken their exit polls and use them to extrapolate the early returns?

Also, different news organizations called the states and election and different times. I was watching the NBC coverage last night, and I would get a CNN Breaking News alert on my computer telling me which states went to which candidate quite a while after the states had been called by NBC.