Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Cleared for take-off!

On Monday Jason had his follow-up appointment at the pediatrician. He weighed in at 10lbs2oz, so he's gaining well. They weren't worried about the vomiting and they said the fluid in his ear had cleared, so hopefully things will improve from here. They also said he's ready to take off via plane to NJ on Thursday!

Little stinker is still obviously uncomfortable. He won't let us put him down, but luckily he still likes the Bjorn, which gives us the ability to get some things done around here. Overall he is sleeper better at night though. Phew.

He still gets some REALLY cranky spells though. I think it was Monday night where he was up straight from about 4:30pm until 12:30am, most of which was spent in my arms (and then Al's arms when he got home at around 9:00pm). He was just fussy, fussy, fussy. I still think dairy might play a part in it, but his pediatrician doesn't seem to buy it at all. It's hard for me at this point though to tease out what is reflux, what is dairy, and what is just a fussy sick boy. So for now I'm trying to just watch the major dairy culprits (ice cream, cheese, milk, yogurt) and eat whatever else. I'll test out my theory later. WHY must this be so difficult?

2 comments:

Melodie said...

That's great that Jason's ears are clear! You wouldn't want to take him on that plane ride if they weren't!

Debbie said...

Glad to hear everything seem to clear up...He'll be able to rest comfortably for his first airplane ride!! Have fun in Jersey! I'm sure all your friend are anxious to see you the boys!!