Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween!

I've decided, Florida is just plain odd. Why would you wait until dark to trick-or-treat, when there is plenty of usable daylight hours in which to load up on candy?! Tyler was NOT too happy about this. Part of it was my fault, because I stupidly assumed it was like New Jersey when kids start trick-or-treating literally on their way home from school (we rode our bikes to school). Don't get me wrong, Tyler wasn't upset that he couldn't trick-or-treat yet, but because he wanted to give OUT the candy at our house. LOL.



While Tyler "rested" I attempted to get a photo of my little monkey, Jason. He wasn't thrilled with the photo shoot, but I was able to eventually get him to take a nap, which was good.



Of course by then Tyler was up, so as he waited he drew some pictures to add to the trick-or-treat candy bucket. I didn't have the heart to tell him that no one is gonna pick out his hand-drawn pictures over candy or play-doh, so I convinced him that I need the pictures when I went mock trick-or-treating at our house to amuse him.

Tyler then needed to don his costume, and after trying desperately to distract him, I finally recalled that I had recorded The Great Pumpkin (Charlie Brown Halloween movie). Have I ever mentioned how much I LOVE our DVR.

At around 6:00pm Al came home and mentioned that he saw a few kids out in costumes. So at 6:20 we left to trick-or-treat. At that point we had had ZERO kids show up to our house! We went to a few houses and Tyler was really enjoying himself. Unfortunately Jason wasn't, so I brought him back home to feed and change him. He then fell asleep in the front pack while Tyler finished up his adventure. Despite numerous houses announcing they didn't have candy, and TONS of empty houses, Tyler got quite a bit of candy.

However, I think he enjoyed coming home and handing out candy just as much!

4 comments:

Holly said...

Love the pictures! Too cute!

It's weird how trick or treating is different in different states. Living in FL all my life, trick or treating in the daylight just seems odd. lol And this year with the time change happening after Halloween it just made us start later then we usually do, 6:30 this year instead of 5:30.

Working Mama said...

How cute are they? Looks like fun, fun!!!

Debbie said...

When I lived in Jersey, as a school kid, we started right after school. Part of the change in general might be because there are 2 incomes in a good amount of families now and nobody is necessarily home until later. My girls did get lots of candy, but there were a lot of houses with nobody home too. We went to our friend's house and I think that there were parties possibly too.

I loved Friday night trick or treating, BUT, I have not had a chance to go through the candy. Over the weekend with lurking kids around is not the ideal time to go throught he candy.LOL

Tyler looks very, very cute in his costume!

Melodie said...

We've always waited until dark, and I assumed that everyone else did, too. I know they waited until dark in E.T. to go ToTing.