Tuesday, October 21, 2008

sweet sleep....

After a HORRIBLE night last night, I was feeling a bit overwhelmed. But I stuck with my darn dairy-free diet and worked on some other issues, and coincidence or not, today was a better day!

For one, Jason napped with me this morning while Tyler was at school. Granted he was literally attached to me, but we both caught about 1.5 hours of sleep on the couch and it was WAY more comfortable than our recent nights in bed together. And EVERYONE feels better after some sleep.

He then napped in his carrier for a good hour while Tyler "rested" this afternoon. That was the first time in days that I've personally been able to get him to sleep and then transfer him somewhere without him waking. Wahoo!

And then he let me SIT and watch TV for 15 minutes while he was awake (normally I have to hold him and walk).

And even tolerated a few minutes in the swing.

And is now currently asleep again in his carrier!

Life is good. Sleep is good. Now please refer me back to this post the next time I suffer from extreme sleep deprivation and crying baby syndrome!

2 comments:

Working Mama said...

Well I'm glad that you had some successes today! It is true, everything looks better with a little sleep under your belt!

Melodie said...

I agree with Andrea. Everything IS better with a little more sleep.