Monday, October 13, 2008

another update

As requested, I'm providing another update.

Tyler FINALLY fell asleep this afternoon after his dose of steroid and Benedryl. At that point I fed Jason and handed him off to Al so I could get some sleep. I managed to get almost a 2 hour nap before Jason needed to eat again. I fed him and then left to take him for a walk (because he didn't seem to want to be quiet) around the neighborhood while Al napped (and Tyler continued to nap). I got home and Tyler was STILL asleep, but luckily he had woken up and peed while I was gone! He proceeded to sleep and sleep and finally woke up at 7:00PM after a 5 hour nap. So, it should be a long night, but he seems to be doing much better. The swelling in his face has gotten MUCH better and his welts are still decreasing in size. He is still itching quite a bit (so much so that he had scratched his skin raw on the back of his neck) but is doing significantly better than when I last posted. Oh, and he's eating and drinking. He requested McDonald's when we woke up, which of course he got! He ate a chicken mcnugget, most of his apple slices, some fries, and a little juice.

Oh, and in answer to a question, yes, Al still has to go to Oregon. Stinky timing, but I am thankful the initial reaction happened when it did instead of after he had left for Oregon. Hopefully Tyler should be a little better before he leaves, and with any luck be able to be back in school for at least one of the days he's gone.

4 comments:

Working Mama said...

Hope he's feeling better this morning! Hope you got some more rest too.

Melodie said...

I hope you are able to get some more rest soon. I'm willing to come baby sit while you take a nap if you need one.

Holly said...

Poor Tyler! I hope he is feeling better today!!!

Audrey Griffis said...

wow
boy do you have your hands full- i hope tyler is feeling better- that is no fun...