Friday, October 3, 2008

All things Tyler

Since my blogs have been focusing more on our newest addition, I thought I'd do a blog dedicated to my big little man.

Tyler is the best big brother ever. He loves to get diapers and try to replace fallen baby socks, he respects the need to occasionally manage to not scream in the house, he hasn't acted too jealous, and he's a total sweetie. Of course he has been getting a TON off attention from everyone, so of course I think that accounts for some of it.

He's gotten a few gifts from my friends. This is his first "floam" experience, courtesy of Marisa. He LOVED it!
And he gets lots of time with my parents, and even indulges in some snuggle time with his mom-mom.
Some projects have been keeping him busy as well. Remember those caterpillars? Well, they started to emerge from their cocoons as butterflies, we think on Friday while I was at the hospital. Tyler remembered that they would eat the fluid off of watermelon and oranges, so he promptly reminded my parents of this fact. We kept them for a while, but then yesterday (gee, I think it was yesterday since my days seem to all be mixed up) we released them.
As you may be able to tell from the photos, Tyler has a cold. I think I might have mentioned that I took him to the doctor LAST Tuesday, because he had developed a cough and I wanted to make sure he wasn't contagious and there wouldn't be any problems with him being around the baby. They assured me that his lungs sounded fine and that it was likely viral and they couldn't do anything. They said it just needed to "run its course" and he was fine to go to school and be around the baby but to bring him back if he started to run a fever. No fever, so we left it alone, but now 10 days later the cough has only progressed and he now has a nice runny nose to go along with it. I think 10 days is LONG time for a cough to linger and it certainly SOUNDS like it's in his lungs, so off to the pediatrician he goes. Thankfully my dad was able to bring him in because I was not looking forward to bringing a baby along into the sick waiting room. Will post later with some updates!

4 comments:

Working Mama said...

I'm so glad Tyler is enjoying being a "big brother" - it is a great gift. I hope the cold is gone soon! He should be proud of being such a good butterfly "daddy" & remembering what they ate!

Melodie said...

I hope Tyler feels better soon! You definitely don't want to take Jason into a room full of sick kids. My pedi told me to try not to schedule Katie for any well-baby visits on Mondays because that is their worst day for sick kids (the ones who've been waiting all weekend to come in).

Melodie said...

BTW: How's your mom feeling?

Hill said...

Congrats go out to Tyler for the "births" of his winged babies! How cool is that? If I ever did anything like that for the boys, they'd want to keep them forever in their room, so there will be no sprouting cocoons here anytime soon.