Wednesday, October 22, 2008

daily happenings

Well, it appears that my success yesterday with Jason's sleep was just purely coincidence. He only napped decently one time. At least he was pleasant this morning for the most part.




Unfortunately he basically was inconsolable from 3:00 until about 30 minutes ago. He would occasionally calm down while being carried and I did get a 45 minute "break" where he was quiet (but awake and fussy) in the Baby Bjorn (he's rejected the sling, I think because it always makes him spit up). I eventually resorted to driving him around in the car and he FINALLY passed out, but woke up the second the car stopped. At least at that point he was calm enough that I could nurse him to sleep, where he currently remains (in my bed).

During a long crying jag around 4:45 pm, I put him down in the swing and called his pediatrician and made an appointment for tomorrow. I would at least feel better if he was weighed so I'd know if he's doing okay and they can make sure there is nothing physically wrong that is causing him pain (such as a sore throat or something). If not, sadly enough I'm pretty convinced it's reflux (which may or may not be being complicated by what I'm eating). Hopefully I will get some answers tomorrow, so wish me luck.

I'm not frustrated. I'm not angry. I'm not annoyed. I just plain feel bad for my child. He's miserable and he's obviously in pain. He arches his back, he has gas, he screams. He finally calms down, then he spits up and the process starts over. It's so painful to watch and I wish there were something I could do to make him feel better. My poor little guy.

My other poor little guy, Tyler, has decided that enough is enough. He told me that he didn't want Jason to be here. It was the first sign of "jealousy" I've seen at all, although I guess he could of just been plain sick of listening to him scream. Tyler cried and said he was sad. We talked for a while and it was a good talk, but it broke my heart. Luckily I was able to get Jason semi-consoled enough to bring him down on the floor with me so Tyler and I could do his homework together (the boy LOVES to cut)!

1 comment:

Homemade Happenings said...

Oh Heather! I feel for you!! I went through the whole reflux thing (GER). It's not fun, but usually babies grow out of it by the time they are a year old. I wish you the best of luck tomorrow! Let me know how it goes. If it turns out to be reflux (I REALLY hope not) I could let you know some things that worked for us for you to try out. I'll be thinking about you and Jason tomorrow!