Friday, October 24, 2008

germs are evil....

Or maybe it's preschool germs are evil?

Last night Tyler woke up in the middle of the night screaming. He said his throat was "scratchy" (but it looked fine) so I figured maybe he had just fallen asleep with his mouth open and it had that dry feeling. Well, I went back to bed and I could hear him over the monitor and it seemed almost like he was hoarse and was breathing pretty rapidly. I went to check on him and he was already asleep and within minutes his breathing was back to normal. He woke up feeling fine, but on the way to school he coughed and it was this almost barking noise (I've heard it before)...almost croup like. But he said he felt fine, no fever, etc. I asked him to cough again and it sounded normal???

I dropped him off at school. On the way in I hear the same cough from another kid. And sure enough on the way out I hear it again. Thinking it was Tyler, I turn around, and it's yet ANOTHER child.

So, we may just be going BACK to the pediatrician today. I swear we've been to the doctors more in the last month than we have collectively for every sick visit Tyler's had in his first 4 years of life. Ugh!

No comments: