Sunday, August 9, 2009

the rest of the week

Let's see. On Tuesday, while Tyler was playing on the beach, I got to exercise, take a shower, and work on my online course during Jason's 20 minute nap. I had forgotten how much easier it was with one child! Once Tyler got home we went for a walk, had rest time, and then went for an early dinner at Chick-fil-A for kid's night. Then a quick trip to Kohl's.

On Wednesday my mom and I and the boys went to Paw's farm, on recommendation from a friend, to check out the facility to see if it would be appropriate for Tyler's 5th birthday party. Well Tyler absolutely loved it, and Jason even liked the animals. Seems like the perfect place to hold a party, considering we can't count on the weather to cooperate for a beach party like Tyler originally wanted. We decided to spend the extra money and have them do an animal presentation with the kids at the party. Tyler got to pick which 4 animals he will have, so now he proudly tells peopel that he invited 4 animals to his party. LOL.

On Thursday we were back at Chick-fil-A, although a different location. My friend Veronica and her friend Jen (whom I knew from school as well...in fact we met in 2nd grade!) met up to let the kiddos play. 6 children, 3 hours, and not a single argument/incicent. A great afternoon!

On Friday we finally had some decent weather again and hit the lake for some fun. My boys love the lake!

1 comment:

Michelle@lifeinawhirlwind said...

I love it: inviting four animals to the party! Sounds like it's going to be a great time.