Saturday, August 22, 2009

outlets, great adventure, and the safari

On Sunday apparently we (myself and my parents) were insane and decided to brave the heat and take a little road trip. I really wanted to go to the outlets, mostly to hit striderite for school shoes for Tyler. I managed to get him 2 pairs for $40, which wasn't too bad. It helped that he no longer has an XW foot. Instead he's an 11W. Unfortunately I'm right back to square one in my need to search for speciality footwear. In fact, my job has gotten harder. I decided to have Jason fitted for some shoes now that he's cruising. Well, that's gonna prove to be difficult, because he measured at a 3.5XXW. When they tried to get them on they didn't fit. They were able to squeeze on a 4XXW, but it was tough. Not to mention that they are a boring unisex plain white. I held off in hope to find something cuter online, but I may end up back at the outlets for those darn ugly, and expensive, shoes. I also got a few clearance things at Children's Place, 2 pairs of pajamas for Tyler for his birthday, and matching Christmas PJ's for the boys. Yes, that's right, Christmas PJs already!

From there we went to Great Adventure. We went to Tyler's favorite roller coaster first, and then to the water play area. After a bit of time there we let Tyler hit a couple of kids rides before packing up and heading out. It was just too hot.

To appease Tyler we decided to head on over to the safari for the first time this season. Jason slept through a good portion of the safari, and meanwhile Tyler enjoyed a rare treat...sitting in the front seat out of the carseat! He was pretty insterested in all the animals, but I think he was most fascinated by the stupid ostrich which kept pecking at cars. LOL. The bears were pretty active today too. We even caught a momma bear nursing her 2 bear cubs. Adorable! Oh, and when Jason woke up he enjoyed "woof"ing at the bears. Apparently anything with fur is considered a dog.

No comments: