Monday, August 10, 2009

Jason, my dear

Jason, my dear, why do you insist on worrying me?

Last week I had called and made an appointment for Jason to be seen by the pediatrician. He had been having more issues with spitting-up and vomiting again and his excema on his arms and back was getting worse. I figured I'd talk to the pediatrician and try to figure out how I'm ever gonna get him on dairy and transition him to food when I don't know if/what he's allergic to. I didnt' think it was urgent, but just wasn't sure how to progress or what to do, so I let it wait until this week. So today was his appointment, and I had hoped to potentially leave with a referral for allergy testing or something along those lines. Instead, as he questioned Jason's history, he kept coming back to the reflux-like behavior. He said that allergies might very well be the issue, but that he needed to first rule out other issues and he ended up ordering a barium swallow test. Tyler had been such a good eater and I had been trying to not compare Jason to that, but the doctor seemed pretty surprised at how little he eats and the fact that his weight percentiles had dipped down a bit. So as much as I'm happy that a doctor is finally taking serious these gagging issues, he's now got me a little worried...hopefully for no reason. The appointment is on Thursday, so wish us luck!


At dinner tonight Jason decided to prove everyone wrong by eating his biggest meal EVER. He had 1/3 of a stage 3 jar of sweet potatoes, 1/3 of a stage 3 jar of a fruit mix, and then maybe almost 1/4 cup of watermelon! And he kept it all down! Take note in the pictures of the excema spots on his arm. Poor baby.




Oh, and Jason-related, there has NOT been a repeat performance of the sleeping-through-the-night incident. Darn.

No comments: