Tuesday, August 25, 2009

the rash???

On Thursday Jason had a few marks on his face, what I believed to be bites. I didn't think too much of it, but by Friday morning it had spread. Honestly I thought initially it might be something related to a food allergy, but I called the pediatrician to have him seen, being as I didnt' want to expose any kids at Tyler's party to any germs.

So I brought him to the pediatrician and the doctor seemed perplexed. He said it sort of looked like chicken pox, but that it wasn't chicken pox. No fever, no scabbing, etc. He said, more than likely, that he was bitten by a few bugs and had an exaggerated reaction. I specifically asked if he were contagious and was told no.

By Saturday morning he looked like this. Still not horrible, but still not normal by any means.

1 comment:

Homemade Happenings said...

Could it possibly be roseola?? (Not sure if I am spelling it correctly). It is quite common in infants, both my kids had it once. When they got it, they both had mild fever for a couple days, which we initially thought was due to teething. Once the fever broke, they had 2-3 days of a rash. It was all over - face and body. it is NOT contagious while they have the rash. It is only contagious while they have the fever. Good luck - hope you figure it out!