Sunday, August 30, 2009

birthday boy!!!

As I said, Monday (Tyler's birthday) started off with a trip to the pediatrician for Jason and his supposed chicken pox. Luckily Tyler had a gift, which had been mailed from Katie, to start off his morning with and keep him busy! He loved his Zoom car kit from Katie and family.

After Jason's doctor's appointment we went to have a birthday lunch (with my mom too) at Friendly's. The doctor insisted that Jason wasn't contagious because he was already scabbing, so I braved all the staring and went out. I would have felt horrible not bringing Ty anywhere on his big day. He enjoyed his lunch, mainly his candy shop sundae.

That afternoon he worked on a craft. It was a bank kit that he had gotten as a gift at his party.

Unfortunately much of my day was spent with this miserable little sleepy man.

That evening we had hotdogs and french fries and had my grandparents over for cake and presents. Tyler's favorite gift was a magic set we had gotten him. It was pretty funny to watch, considering Tyler wasn't too slick with his presentation. He was proud of himself, announcing "a magician never tells his secrets". LOL.



So, I can hardly believe it, but my "baby" is now 5 years old. About to head off to Kindergarten. I had presumed I'd be pretty emotional on the day of his actual birthday. In reality I was pretty darn tired due to the chicken pox kid and was just waiting to get the boys in bed. I guess I didn't have the energy to get emotional. Isn't that horrible.

Anyway, happy birthday baby boy!

3 comments:

Michelle@lifeinawhirlwind said...

Happy 5th birtday Tyler! WOW! Is time flying by. I'm glad the party went well this weekend despite the rain. And I hope Jason feels better soon.

jamielblev said...

Ahhh, Happy Birthday Tyler!!! These years are flying by!!

Oh and poooooor baby Jason. Isn't there are test they can run to confirm chicken pox?

Homemade Happenings said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TYLER!!! Hope you had a great day! I can't believe you are such a big boy!!