Saturday, August 15, 2009

got milk?

Yesterday I was busy playing a game of "princess football" with Tyler (don't ask...I don't come up with this stuff) when he decided we needed to get something to eat. He pulled out a notebook and announced he was going to take our order for the "buffet". He wrote out the words or drew pictures for the food that I was ordering, and the conversation went something like this:

Ty: "Mommy, what would you like to eat today?"
Me: "Do you have hotdogs?"
Ty: "Yes, we have hotdogs. What else?"
Me: "I'd love a fruit salad, please"
insert various other items that I ordered, and despite announcing that I was full, I was repeatedly told i needed to order more
Me: "How about some Chinese food?"
Ty: "Umm, we don't have Chinese food at the buffet, but we do have some Wonton soup. I'll get you that. And what does Jason want?"
Me: "He does like watermelon. Do you have any watermelon?"
Ty: "Yes, I'll get him watermelon. What else does he eat?"
Me: "Do you have Gerber Puffs? He loves those."
Ty: "Yes, we have puffs. What does he want to drink?"
Me: "He would probably drink a little water"
Ty: "What about milk?"
Me: "No thank you, he doesn't drink milk yet"
Ty (whispering into my ear, apparently so that I don't mess up the pretend play): "Mommy, what about breastmilk? He drinks breastmilk, right?"
Me: "Yes he does"
Ty: "Don't worry. We have a lady here who has breasts and she can get him breastmilk. Watermelon, check. Puffs, check. Breastmilk, check. Anything else?"

4 comments:

Michelle@lifeinawhirlwind said...

LMAO! That is great - a lady who can provide breastmilk. He's got quite the imagination.

Karen said...

LOL!!! That is great! You'll be so glad you recorded that conversation and I'm sure Tyler will love you for it too, lol.

Christine said...

What a hoot!!!! Love it!

Karlise said...

That's just awesome! He's hilarious.