Saturday, August 15, 2009

animal encounters

On Wednesday Tyler was signed up for a program at the local library. It happened to be a demonstration from Paws Farm, the same place where he's having his party. They brought out various animals and even got to pet some. He's usually pretty timid, but willingly pet the chinchilla, hedgehog, snake, and something else that I can't recall. BTW, some of these are the same animals that Tyler "invited" to his birthday party, which of course he repeatedly announced during the demonstration. LOL.


After selecting some books it was time for Tyler to collect his last prize of the summer reading program. He chose a certificate for a free Dunkin Donuts doughnut. He was none too pleased when I told him he'd have to wait until after dinner, and threw a royal temper tantrum. I calmly told him that I understood that he was disappointed, but if he could take a deep breath and relax that he'd be able to get his doughnut after dinner. I even promised. He continued to freak out, and I can't recall the whole sequence of events (it was raining, Jason was screaming, Tyler was freaking, and we were trying to get into the car which was parked right on the main road) but it ended with me taking the certificate and Tyler calling me a "stupid beagle head". Yep, thanks Charlie Brown for that lovely term. I suppose I shouldn't have caved and allowed him to watch those darn Christmas specials.

Ahhh, deep calming breaths....

No comments: