Thursday, September 11, 2008

Vision check

For one, Tyler was soooo good. He was tired (he even ASKED if it was naptime yet) and I had to drag him to the eye doctor. He did great, even though I KNEW he was very nervous. He only cried at the time of those darn eye drops (which I can understand why). Everything checked out great, which is a huge relief. BTW, he got to pick a prize out of a treasure chest on his way out of the appointment. He picked out star-shaped sunglasses which he now proudly wears as his "rock and roll glasses". Hmm, I have NO idea where he got that from. LOL.

From there we had a special "date". Dinner at 3:00. We're pretty cool. Tyler picked Olive Garden, which I was pretty darn happy about considering I LOVE Olive Garden and Al isn't incredibly fond of it. I've been trying to fit in some nice "mommy and Tyler time", especially being so close to my due date. It all worked out great because Al had to work late so he grabbed something to eat there and Tyler was in bed by 7:45. Then I was able to spend some quality time searching MORE cloth diapering stuff before Al got home close to 9:00PM.

Me, what am I doing at 12:15Am? Well, obviously NOT sleeping. Why are my nesting abilities in full force in the late night hours?

3 comments:

Debbie said...

You're up late because you are preparing for those nights....Glad you are feeling good...You must be so ready!

Melodie said...

I'm glad Tyler's eye appointment went well. Was there any diagnosis given, or is he a-okay?

I LOVE Olive Garden, too. Give me those breadsticks and alfredo sauce anytime!

I seem to get all of my energy in the late afternoon, especially if I take a nap with Katie. That's why I end up staying up so late, because I'm in the middle of projects that I started in the late afternoon.

Working Mama said...

Well good news about Tyler's eyes! Well enjoy being up late for "no real reason" now...you'll have a really cute reason soon!! Oh & the boys went to a birthday party a few weeks ago & Patrick got those same star shaped sunglasses in his goody bag. He calls them "Rock Star" glasses. Huh? Where on Earth would he learn that? Matthew doesn't know what that is or even know to say it!