Tuesday, September 23, 2008

37 hours to go!

But, hey, who's counting? LOL.

I can't believe my little man is going to be here Thursday morning. Seems surreal.

I think everything is mostly ready, or as ready as it's going to be...unless I get hit with the nesting bug again tonight or tomorrow night. Last night (or should I say this morning) I was replacing shower curtain liners at 1:00am. There is something wrong with me for sure! But you'll be happy to know that all baseboards and other seemingly often overlooked items are very clean.

Of course I've yet to pack for the hospital. Must be some sort of denial I suppose. I do have a few more things I want to do too, like write a letter to Tyler for while I'm gone, get him to the library, and of course mop the floors and some general cleaning.

Unfortunately, tomorrow, on my last day of 1-child freedom, I get to spend it in the doctors. I have my pre-op appointment at the hospital at 9:00, followed by an appointment at my OB office. Special, huh? I suppose Al and I might try to do something nice with Tyler tomorrow night, but I guess we'll see what the day has in store for us. I really just want to savor my last day with my Tyler, my first (and always) "baby". Why does that sentence bring me to tears right now?

And then tomorrow night I'll be off to pick up my parents at the airport late at night (my mom had her stitches removed and is cleared for the trip, yipee!). They of course offered to get transportation here, and of course Al will fight me and say he's going to pick them up, but I fully intend to do it. Do they actually think I will be SLEEPING at 10:00pm the night before I have my baby? I think not! So for now I'm signing off until I reappear with baby Jason news, and hopefully pictures. Hmmm, unless of course I decide to take a break to blog in the wee morning hours, sometime between scrubbing the sink with a toothbrush and organizing the garage. LOL!

6 comments:

Karen said...

Good luck Heather! I can't wait to see the pictures of Jason.

Melodie said...

You're CRAZY! But of course, I can sympathize. I don't know how I knew, but the day before I ended up in the hosptital to have Katie (a month early due to the preeclampsia) I had this sense of urgency to finish getting everything we needed for the baby. It's a good thing I did it then, too, or Phil would have been stuck doing it all himself while I was in the hospital.

Karlise said...

Good luck Heather!! I can't wait to meet him. He'll be born exactly 6 months after Bella! I'm so excited for you!

Enjoy your time with Tyler tomorrow.

Debbie said...

Lots of Luck, Heather...Please do not forget to post pics on your blog being that I'm sure you will post them on the BAM site and I can't see them...How exciting! I'll be thinking of you!

Andrea said...

I hope it all goes smooth Heather! Enjoy your last day as best you can. You must be incredibly excited! Good luck!

Scarlett said...

Can't wait to see pictures and meet little Jason!!! I'm so excited for you. Good luck, and if you need anything, CALL ME!!!