Tuesday, September 9, 2008

No more appointments please!

So last week we drove to Tyler's pediatrician for his scheduled 4-year-old "well check". Got there, waited a few minutes in the waiting room, only to discover that they couldn't allow him to be seen because it had not been a full year since his last well check-up. Go figure. Glad I woke him up early from his nap and dealt with afternoon traffic for that! If I didn't like the pediatrician's office so much, I would have been ticked. Okay, I was ticked, but not too badly. They did end up seeing him though to take a look at the rash he's had FOREVER. Finally gave me a cream, even though they still insist it will go away on it's own. Also discovered he has excema. Again. So back to the pharmacy. Oh, and due to his "poopy issues" (which I will spare you the details of) I got to do a 3 day stool sample. And back to the pediatrician to drop it off. Joy.

Yesterday brought me to the pediatrician again. And again I had to wake him from a nap for this. He was a good boy and cooperative...until he heard the word vaccine. He cried (okay, more like screamed) from the point the doctor left the room for at least a good 5 minutes until the nurse came in to give him his vaccines. Or, more precisely, his THREE vaccines. Apparently this was quite traumatic. For us both. I just live to hear him scream bloody murder while trying to break free from the grasp of myself and the nurse. Always fun.

At his appointment we got his lovely stats. 37lbs and 39.75 inches. Apparently that's average height and slightly above average weight. Well, I know how big he USED to be, so I'm not worried. Pee sample and finger prick (blood sample for iron level) were all great. Results from the stool sample were normal. Hmmm.

Vision test. Not so good. Failed in his left eye. So tomorrow (yes, tomorrow, since they have a cancellation) we're off to the eye doctor. I'm just so utterly overjoyed with this idea. If I didn't want to wait a few weeks I had to take the cancellation. Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled they had a cancellation, being that I don't want to be dealing with taking him AND a newborn to the eye doctor. But could 1:00 be any more inconvenient, for a child who has napped every weekday since school started? That should be fun...for everyone involved. Please wish us luck though, because Al is seriously stressing the results of this appointment, being his vision history.

Oh, and did I mention that Thursday I have an OB appointment. Even though I have been approximately 617 times since I got pregnant, I really hope this isn't the last appointment. I'm not ready for baby to arrive yet! So, okay, I'll accept 1 more appointment. That's it, then I'm done. LOL!

No comments: