Sunday, September 14, 2008

Almost ready!

We've got paint! Saturday I finally convinced Al to help me paint. And it's done!
Of course the room isn't done. Despite the fact that I'm not thrilled with the layout I am doing my best to make it work (the futon needs to be in there for guest space and/or nursing and I already have the dresser in the closet...too much furniture and not enough room)! I still have to figure out where I want to hang things and I have to set up the crib and paint a few little projects, etc. All of that is likely on hold though until my package arrives from my friend Hill, who just finished up Jason's quilt for his crib, as well as some curtains I believe. Since I don't really know the final look of it, I'm waiting on setting up a lot of the stuff. So keep your fingers crossed that USPS does a decent job of getting this package here this week!

Please keep my mom in your thoughts. She had surgery on her knee on Friday, and although she normally avoids all medications and doesn't let pain get in her way, she's currently back at the hospital with severe pain....so something is obviously going on.

5 comments:

Melodie said...

Poor Mom! I hope they figure out what is causing her pain and fix it ASAP! She needs to be here when Jason is born. But more than that, she needs to feel better.

Anonymous said...

Yikes! keep us posted on your mom. I'm saying a little prayer that she heals quickly and is back to normal as fast as possible!

Karen said...

I don't know if her surgery would be anything like having a knee replacement but my dad and several other family members have had knee replacement surgery and it's a difficult recovery process. I've heard that the pain is really bad especially during rehab. My dad said that he had to force himself to push through the pain because the more you use it, the faster it heals or something like that. Your mother is definitely in my prayers.

Working Mama said...

Well first, your Mom & Al are in our prayers...I hope both are feeling better soon and everything goes as smoothly as it can. Secondly, I LOVE the color of the nursery. We did Patrick's nursery in a nice warm neutral tan and I loved it personally. It didn't matter the sex of the baby - it works. And it is so soothing. If you need any help with your layout or moving things around, etc. let me know - I love to help with that stuff!! Can't wait to see the quilt!

Scarlett said...

sorry to hear about your mom - I hadn't heard that she was back in the hospital since her surgery. Hopefully she'll get back on the mend soon!