Thursday, September 11, 2008

Fun mail day!

So my first mail delivery was this:

12 Bum Genius 3.0 one-size cloth diapers. Aren't they so cute? I know, you think I'm crazy. I don't care. I think they're so purty. As my friend Andrea says, it's my "first fluffy mail"! Apparently once you get started on cloth diapering you can get quite sucked in and end up buying custom items and such. In fact, "fluffy mail" must be some sort of term in the cloth diapering world. LOL. Anyway, Andrea is the one who has been giving me all my guidance in this subject, and I'm very thankful.

Then there was this:
Yep, in case you can't tell, they are butterfly larvae. I had the brilliant idea to get Tyler a butterfly kit for his birthday and you have to mail away for the larvae (aka: caterpillars), which they then send to you via mail. You keep them in the container until they turn into chrysalides (like those cocoon things) then we put them in their habitat. Apparently we should be having new butterfly birth right around the time of new baby birth. How completely inconvenient. LOL.

Then there was this:

I'm sure it's obvious what it is. The cutest monkey costume ever. I took a chance on this through eBay and since it's a 3-6 month I'm not 100% sure it will fit Jason, but I'm sure I can re-eBay it.

Speaking of eBay, we've had lots of auctions ending and it feels so good to be getting all this CRAP out of the house. 6 more auctions ended tonight, only 4 of them selling, but they were pretty good money makers, not to mention pretty big items (as in physical size). I'll be happy to have them gone. So tomorrow it will be off to the post office for, I believe, the 5th time this week.

5 comments:

Karen said...

1. The monkey costume is adorable. Hopefully it will fit.
2. Great choice on the diapers. I bought a BumGenius after buying a slew of Fuzzi Bunz. If I had to do it all over, I would have definitely gone with all BumGenius. I didn't like their inserts though so I probably would have had to replace those. I'm sure you're already aware of this but you're going to need more diapers.
3. Tyler must be so excited about the butterflies. When we went to a plant fair recently, a lady selling herbs found a caterpillar spinning his chrysalis. It was pretty cool and Shawn couldn't take his eyes off of it. He really wanted to take that plant home. Then he saw a commercial for the butterfly house thingy and of course wanted it. I may have to look into it.

Heather said...

Yes, I have 12 prefolds and 3 covers that were given to me by a nice lady on freecycle, and I know I'll have to buy more but I'm just waiting to see what I like. In the meantime I'm sure I'll use some disposables, especially in that sleep-deprived newborn phase. LOL.

Working Mama said...

Those cloth diapers are SO adorable! I love it! I would definitely do that if I were having another baby. good for you!

Melodie said...

I love getting "fun" mail. The best thing I got today though, besides no bills (yay!), was my new checks that I've been waiting on.

You know that if you ship via priority mail and purchase your shipping online, you can schedule a home pick-up and not have to go to the post office. Just an FYI. This feature has helped me to save on gas and become even more of a hermit (which I love).

Heather said...

Yes, I know. I like to offer parcel (or first class) and priority though, because I know lots of people (like me) will choose not to bid on something if the shipping is too steep. So IF something gets paid for via priority (or if I can upgrade it for cheap) then I schedule a pick-up for all my stuff. Love when that happens!

I have to go out anyway everyday to take Tyler to school, so it's an extra two miles or so down the road and I can often combine it with other errands in that direction.