Thursday, September 18, 2008

Jumping up and down!

So my friend Hillary (a college friend) offered to make Jason a quilt. I had originally intended on reusing Tyler's old bedding set, but when she offered it seemed like a great idea and a wonderful opportunity to get a new nursery for this little guy! I got to pick colors and styles I liked and she put together an absolutely gorgeous quilt, as well as curtains. She told me she mailed them out and they "should" be here by Friday. Lo and behold, USPS came through for me and delivered my package today. I literally jumped out the door when I saw her writing on the box! Wahooo!!!!!

So, without further ado...
Isn't she the most talented and creative person? The pictures don't even do it justice! I absolutely LOVE everything, especially the texture to the quilt. She also found some very plush and fun crib sheets, which I would die to sleep on myself.

So thank you, thank you, Hill. You are the best!

Also thank you to many of the lovely ladies in my playgroup, who had given me a generous Babies R' Us gift card that was used to purchase the bed skirt and awesome bumper (as well as more stuff with money to spare).

Note: I am aware that bumpers are controversial. I did do my research and am comfortable with my decision to use one.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, the quilt is beautiful! Would she make me one for my bed? LOL The nursery looks great Heather!

Debbie said...

That is gorgeous...I am not sure I saw anything as beautiful as that, especially that is handmade....Time is ticking away...Hope you are feeling well, as well as your mom and your dh!

Karen said...

Wow, she is definitely talented! It's beautiful!

Melodie said...

The room looks so pretty all put together. That's one less thing you have to worry about now.

Scarlett said...

WOW!!! That quilt is just amazing! I love the colors!