Sunday, September 21, 2008

butterfly update

On Thursday/Friday those little caterpillars, as predicted, climbed up into the top of their little mini habitat (aka: cup with lid) and wrapped themselves in their cocoons. They are now considered chrysalides and I was instructed to remove the lid from the container and pin it into the wall in their butterfly habitat. I must say, this was totally nasty. They will remain in this state for, I believe, approximately 7 days before emerging as butterflies. Seems as if I may miss this transformation being that I'll be responsible for a human child emerging, but I suppose someone will take photos for me. LOL. Tyler is very excited and loves to stare at them, despite the fact that they do NOTHING!

1 comment:

Melodie said...

How very exciting! You're bringing mulitple lives into the world this week!