Thursday, September 4, 2008

Making way for baby!

So, today is a mere 3 weeks until baby bean's arrival date. Yep, 21 days. I'm feeling fairly good, just ridiculously tired. I now have put on at least 5 lbs. I told you I'd pack on all the weight at the end! I might manage to completely catch up in the last 3 weeks. Now wouldn't that be talented? LOL.

You'll be happy to know, that despite the fact that this child is still nameless, we are making progress in getting ready for him!

The garage is getting cleaned out. Okay, that's not a necessity for a baby, but decluttering WAS a necessity, and this is the end product. I know it doesn't look impressive, but if you saw what it was like before, you'd realize this is a huge deal. It also means that we can pull our minivan in the garage in the case of any hurricane landfalls.
Part of the reason that we now have a functional garage is thanks to my husband. I'm giving him HUGE props for parting with as much as he has. Anyone who knows him knows how much he hates getting rid of stuff. Can I just say that he even got rid of electronics! Now that is love!

Of course now our master bedroom looks like we're in the process of moving, as we have BOXES and boxes of stuff ready to go out for eBay/donations/etc. I've been as busy as a beaver getting things listed, because it's always nice to make some sort of financial profit from your decluttering. Who knew you could get $40 for a BROKEN digital camera?

The baby's room has also been cleared out of all the previous contents. Being that it was our office/guest/junk room, that was no small feat.

We've started bringing in the baby gear from storage. Thank goodness it seems as if most of that has fared far better than the baby clothes had! The carseat has been washed and sanitized and is now properly installed in the minivan. As you can see, Tyler thinks it's quite fun to test out the baby stuff.
Swing and bouncy seat are washed, sanitized, and set up.
Oh, and I've ordered cloth diapers, despite others many attempts to convince me that I might be crazy. So I suppose it is possible that I have lost my mind somewhere in the master bedroom with all the eBay boxes. So if you receive my mind in the mail, along with the broken digital camera, feel free to send it back to me. I assure you it would be no use to anyone else.

So, now all I've gotta do is clean my whole house and get the baby's room ready. Sounds like fun, huh?

4 comments:

Melodie said...

I saw where you had listed Al's electronics on FreeShare and I wondered if you were doing it with or without Al's knowledge. It's good to know that he has finally come to his senses on this subject.

Kandee said...

Sounds like you are in nesting mode. Isn't it a good feeling to have things organized and clutter free.

jamielblev said...

Girl you look FABULOUS!!!! I can't believe how hard you are nesting! LOL

Andrea said...

You do look wonderful Heather!

Way to go on all the nesting projects! If you run out of things you can come and help me pack! lol!

And you know I don't think you are crazy for buying cloth diapers. ;)