Thursday, June 26, 2008

Rain, Rain, Go Away!

I'm so glad we did Disney on Tuesday, because we've had horrible weather ever since!

Yesterday we did get a chance (my mom and I) to take Tyler to the movie theater for the first time. I figured I really couldn't go wrong with $1 movie tickets (which the proceeds go to charity). He had actually seen the movie before, Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium, at the drive-in so figured it would be a good way to ease into the movie theater scene. I knew he liked the movie, so it took away that bit of anxiety for him (he doesn't think he likes movies, he thinks they are scary). Anyway, we met Melodie there (thanks again for the tickets) and her girls (and a friend) and went in. Tyler was pretty darn happy with his kids pack (small drink, popcorn, and fruit snacks) and didn't seem to even hesitate about the dark. Of course we had to wait a long time for them to start the movie (if they say 10:00, then maybe they should think about NOT keeping a theater full of CHILDREN waiting until 10:20). Tyler did fairly well, and he had a great time. I'm anxious to go again!
So yesterday we had a total downpour and frightening winds. So frightening that I turned on the news to find out if we should go seek shelter or something.
Anyway, after it died down (thankfully) we had to take my mom to the airport. Tyler was NOT happy to see her go. In fact he tried telling her that she could get a job in Florida in the mornings and then play with him in the afternoons. Smart boy, huh? Anyway, he asked me to take a picture of he and his mom-mom so that he could look at it on the computer whenever he wanted. Awwwwww.
Today brought MORE rain. Ugh. When will it ever go away????

3 comments:

Karlise said...

Sweetie, did you forget you live in FL? LOL It rains every day in the summer!

I thought about you guys though when I saw the severe thunderstorm warning for your area. We got hit too but not nearly as bad.

Melodie said...

OMG, that storm was scary! My power went off and on at least five times, and I could tell when I got home it had already gone off at least once. When I looked out my sliding glass doors this morning, I noticed that the wind may have broken a couple of my banana trees. That hasn't happened since Hurricane Frances blew through here back in 2004!

jennifer said...

That's a summer in Florida for you. Rain everday. I love the storms. w