Thursday, June 12, 2008

feeling accomplished!

So Tyler and I flew back to Florida on Tuesday morning. Despite having to wake him (and myself) up early for the flight, he did tremendously well, and I'm happy to report that I only had to answer somewhere in the vicinity of 200 questions.

We arrived by maybe 1:45 or so, and since Tyler was so eager to play with his friend Dionna and play with his toys, I never even attempted to have him nap (or rest). So, I was just happy that I survived the afternoon. I even managed to do some minimal unpacking and cleaning up (why is it that my husband can't keep a house clean when it's just himself in it for a few days???). I then went to reinstall Tyler's car seat in my car, and of course first needed to vaccuum out the car. I could feed a small country with the amount of food that accumalates in and under that darn seat. Ick. So after that we ran to the grocery store for necessities and then I got Tyler to bed early and rested.

Yesterday, bright and early, we were off to try to get Tyler signed up for the free VPK program so that he can attend preschool in the fall. I was able to get that accomplished AND then went and toured his new preschool and got him signed up. Yeah! What a huge weight off my shoulders! He'll be attending right down the street, which is awesome because I can even walk him there after the baby is born and I'm not supposed to be driving.

Yesterday I also managed to get Tyler to storytime at the library, weeded the front yard (aka: jungle), photographed and listed some items on ebay, made a craft with Tyler, and got caught up on all my mail and stuff.

I know this isn't overly impressive, but for me it is! Yes, that's right, I'm finally feeling much better!

No comments: