Saturday, June 7, 2008

"Can you remember that?"


The other night, after having not eaten much all day, Tyler requested McDonald's for dinner.
My dad offered to go pick up his meal and Tyler spouted off his order: chicken nuggets, french fries, juice box, sweet and sour sauce, and honey. After which he announced "Pop-pop, can you remember that?". Apparently he wasn't too confident his recall skills, so he told him that he'd make him a "list" to bring to McDonald's. He then asked how to spell most of the words on his order. Keep in mind that when he runs out of room on a line, he just goes to any other available line. If there aren't any lines, well, then clearly there isn't any need to follow any sort of structure at all. I can make out the whole thing (some of his writing is unique), but I think at least the back half of the paper is probably obvious to the un-trained eye. That would be "sauce" and "honey". LOL!

I should note that I think he ate nothing from the meal. It was a good idea though. At least the next night he requested "rice from the chinese people" (I didn't claim he was politically correct) and ate some of that. Yesterday he wanted broccoli and an orange for breakfast. What can I say, he's particular about what he wants. I'm pretty much giving him whatever he wants though for the time being. The poor child has lost a bit of weight while being sick. He was 34.6lbs at the hospital the other day. Pretty amazing considered he was 29lbs at a year old!

2 comments:

Melodie said...

29 pounds at one year?! Wow! I doubt Katie will weigh that much when she turns three. She's almost two and only weighs 22 pounds.

Scarlett said...

that's pretty good writing for a 3 year old!!! Yay, Tyler! And I love that he wrote down his order! Too cute!