Monday, June 16, 2008

Oh, the disappointment

So I've been faithfully checking the status of my package arriving from Amazon. My Canon PowerShot A650IS. It was scheduled to arrive today. I took Tyler and his friend Dionna out to dinner at DQ and when I got home it was finally here! I opened it up, and it was everything I had hoped for. I put in the batteries and memory card and took some photos. Lovely. And then I noticed it...a small mark on all the photos. I thought maybe it was some dirt on the lens, but no such luck. So, my beautiful camera, which I've been waiting so patiently for, must be shipped back to Amazon. Who knows how long it will be until I get a new one back. I'm not a happy camper!

Luckily I know Amazon will come through for me (did I ever mention how much I love Amazon?) but I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas.

I did get to experiment a bit with it tonight, and I think I will be really pleased with it once I get a new one. Photos taken in low light have none of the graininess that was associated with my old camera. And upon inspection of the downloaded photos, it actually appears that they turn out quite nicely. In reality it looks as if the mark/scratch is really just on the LCD since I can't see it on the photos themselves (although I'm not 100% sure) once they are on the computer, but if I'm paying top dollar for a camera, I want it to be PERFECT!

Patience is not a virtue I feel as if I possess at the moment. I blame it on the pregnancy.

1 comment:

Melodie said...

That really sucks! I want a new camera, too, but the one I want is at least $700 to $1000, so it's not happening any time soon. So, I'll have to deal with the grainy low-light pics for a while longer.