Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Disney Day

On Tuesday we FINALLY got our Disney day. Now I hadn't been since January, and Tyler hadn't been since my mom took him in March (or maybe April) so we were quite anxious to get there! And I was happy to be feeling well enough to go!

Tyler was ultimately fascinated with the spray water bottle we had, and was drenched 5 minutes into our stay, which really wasn't too bad considering it was quite hot. Really though, the weather wasn't too bad, and when it was cloudy it made the heat seem more tolerable. The rain held out until late afternoon.

Anyway, we were happy to see the castle again. The magic really doesn't ever seem to lessen each time you see it.
We did Tyler's favorite rides: Small World (twice), Dumbo, the teacups (I forget what that's called), and the race car ride (again, I forget the true name).
Then we hit the parade. Even Mickey got to watch. After all it was "Mickey's first ever Disney trip".
From there it was off to see some characters. While we were in line to see Pluto, Goofy, and Donald, a cast member noticed Tyler standing there with his stuffed Mickey. He mentioned that we could ask for a sharpie and that Mickey would sign his stuffed Mickey. After Tyler heard that it was absolutely imperative that we wait in the hour long line to see Mickey. The wait was worth it. Tyler was soooooo excited to have Mickey (and a bonus Minnie Mouse) sign his favorite stuffed animal. Plus, they must have been in an extra friendly mood and spent a good 5 minutes with Tyler. He was in his glory. It was a very magical day!

4 comments:

Karen said...

The picture of Tyler with Mickey and Minnie is priceless! Tyler has the best expressions. Glad you had a good time.

Melodie said...

Sounds like you had quite a fun day! I wonder how long it will be before Tyler stops talking about getting Mickey's & Minnie's autographs.

By the way, did you notice the date? Only three months to go!!!

Mommyof2boys said...

Hey Heather,this is Alleycat from WebMD,I finally created me a blog so now I can post to others !
I always followed yours because I love the new things Tyler does and he is SO smart !
Looks like you guys had such a good time at Disney !

Feel free to check out mine :)

Karlise said...

Tyler is so cute. You know I love Disney so I totally know what you mean about the magic of it- it never goes away no matter how many times you go.