Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Earth Fair

So on Sunday we had plans to take Tyler to the Earth Fair that was being held. It was a HOT day but Tyler had a blast. He even enjoyed the little "magic show" they did, which taught them all about recycling. He got to make some free crafts with recycled items or things from nature (doesn't everyone need art with pollen ON it...lol). He even got to make his own paper! Very cool!He also learned to milk a cow. Not a real cow, but it had some sort of mock udder so that you could actually feel what it's like to milk a cow. Tyler thought this was very fun. We all got a good laugh though when he told my grandparents that he learned to milk a cow's penis. Yes, I did explain the right terminology, but apparently that escaped him at the time.

Oh, and I bought my first "green" bags. I had been using plastic, which I was justifying because I was reusing them, but these ones looked sooooo much nicer than the ones I had seen in stores. They are burlap (I guess that's what it is) and have handles, but are the same size as the paper bags you get in the stores. So, they hold much more than the traditional reusable bags I've been seeing these days. They were only $1 a piece, so I bought 5. That way I still likely will occasionally have enough grocery bags to get plastic (which I'll reuse) but I'll be doing my part to cut down on the plastic bag usage.

1 comment:

Melodie said...

Way to go green, Heather!