Thursday, September 30, 2010

September 12-18

September 12: We started a yucky rainy day with Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. Yes, the original. Still haven't seen the remake and I'm in no rush. At 1:00 Tyler had his first Tiger Scouts meeting. He met his den leader, who is a really nice guy, and it seems like they have a good group of kids. They learned the motto and handshake and all that fun stuff, as well as obtaining info on future events and such. Luckily it was timed right so that Jason could stay home with my parents while he napped.

September 13: Monday had arrived and I was happy to get back to a regular routine with our first full school week. I took my mom to PT (she couldn't drive for a bit after her surgery) while I went to the gym before going back to pick her up. Afterwards I walked Jason down to the lake. He discovered acorns. Life is grand.

We went to the playground after school as it was a beautiful day. That night my grandparents came over to help out my mom with the boys while I went to Back to School night at Ty's school. Met his teacher, as well as the special education co-teacher, and the student teacher. Still trying to remain positive about the school year and things were relatively uneventful. They had a cute little way of letting us know where they sat, as they each had brought in a shirt from home and decorated a plate to make it look like they were there sitting at their seats.


September 14: Jason had speech in the morning before we rode the bike over to Maria's for a little playdate with her kids, Julie and her daughter, as well as another friend of Maria's and her daughter. After school Jason had OT. And I had a long night not being able to sleep, which I suppose can be blamed on the coffee I had at 10:00am. Sad, huh? Apparently I'm very, very, VERY sensitive to caffeine.

September 15: I know this is an odd thing to be excited about, but Jason wet the bed. Aside from the mess, this was a very monumental event because this meant that Jason actually drank enough fluid to wet through his diaper! Way to go Jason! He had also been babbling a ton more than usual, which is quite unlike him...and very cute!. That night Ty had his first soccer practice, which went slightly better than the first game had gone.

September 16: While Ty was in school Jason and I took a long adventure to go buy Tyler his Tiger Scout uniform. What a trek out to nowhere! At least we were successful, $81 later. Sheesh! The only good news is we passed a Taco Bell on the way home. A rare treat. We had time to briefly stop at Bob Meyer park for Jason to play. I had been frantically trying to find a location for Jason's 2nd birthday party, and this is what we had finally settled on so I wanted to check out the locale. Adorable playground, which had been recently received a handicapped accessible addition. This immediately became my favorite local playground!

September 17: I spent all my "downtime" (what the heck is that?) working on gathering stuff for my brother's garage sale. Many thanks to Jim who came over and helped me load all the stuff into his truck and transported it to his house.

September 18: I was up bright and early and spent my whole morning at my brother's for his garage sale. In all honesty, totally not worth it. Next time I'll go back to my regular practice of listing the big items on craigslist or ebay and then donating the less valuable things on freecycle or give them to Vietnam Vets. Meanwhile my dad took Ty to his soccer game that day. That night the weather was too beautiful to pass up, so despite being exhausted, we stopped at WaWa and picked up some food for the makings of a picnic at Bob Meyer Park. Tyler declared this "the best playground ever".

No comments: