Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Disney, day 4

Day four found us on our way to Epcot. Imagine my surprise to hear my name called as we walked up. Apparently my friend Karlise (from my playgroup when I lived in Florida) was there with her family for the day!

Hello Epcot! Jason was fascinated with the large "golf ball" (as Ty calls it).




At the top of Ty's list (and way at the bottom of my dad's list)was the character greeting spot, to get autographs and pictures.





Tyler and my dad went on Test Track, a huge hit for Tyler.

We had a quick early lunch at the Electric Umbrella. By the end of lunch it was pouring, but we made our way over to Spaceship Earth. It's changed a lot from what I remember, and it was really cute. .

As it was STILL raining, we decided to stay indoors at Innovations. The boys had fun putting themselves into an interactive video game and other stuff.


While there we had our special "meet and greet" because my mom is a Disney Visa cardholder. Not only did we get a special chance to see Mickey and Goofy, but we got a free 5x7 photo (which I need to scan because it's better than these).


My mom and Ty and I went on Soarin' (I had never been), which was pretty cool. Ty loved it. Oh, and we ran into Karlise and Bella again as we left. Meanwhile my dad pushed Jason to sleep in the stroller.

While Jason continued to nap Ty and I checked out the Nemo ride and a bit of the aquarium briefly.


We all had reservations at Coral Reef for dinner. I was really excited as I've heard really good things about it. We got a table up pretty close to the huge tanks, which was neat. I have to say though that I was disappointed with our server. I think the food was good though, but I guess I was't as impressed as I expected to be. Glad I got to do it though, and I might consider doing it again, but I guess it's not at the absolute top of my list of "must do".



Group picture time!



After dinner we brought both boys through the Nemo ride. We stayed afterwards and saw "Turtle Talk with Crush", which was really cute. Even I got a big kick out of it. Afterwards it was pouring rain so we killed some time in the little aquarium. Jason loved the fish, but especially the manatee!



Apparently water fountains are exciting for little boys.

We finally got a chance to make our way into World Showcase. By this point it was pretty crowded, and still quite humid and occasionally sprinkling. We only managed to hit a few of them. Mexico was always a favorite of Tyler's. I'm guessing the small ride there reminded him of Small World, and he still loves it. I guess this was the closest to Small World that Jason would get, and it appears that he would have enjoyed it, because Mexico was a hit!




We briefly ran into my brother and family. The boys showed off their masks they decorated around the different "countries".


Even though we had said we weren't going to stay for Illuminations, by the time we were ready to get going the show was due to start in a few minutes, so we decided to stay. I think the action was too far away for Jason, because he lost interest often. Tyler, on the other hand, was quite interested.


No comments: