Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Disney, day 5

Day 5 in Disney found us at Disney Hollywood Studio (or MGM, as I have trouble not resorting to calling it)


We got great up-close seats in the handicapped section for the Beauty and the Beast show. Boys were pretty fascinated by it. Quite a good show.





Both boys got really into Playhouse Disney: Live on Stage.




We had a quick lunch (actually it took us quite a while) at the Commissary food place.

Both boys were pretty interested in The Great Movie Ride.




Tyler conquered his fears and went on Tower of Terror with my dad and I. He was obviously nervous, but determined to do it. I really didn't think he'd go through with it, but he did! By the end he seemed like he was in shock. I asked him if he liked and it and he responded something like "Uh, uh, I don't think I liked it. Oh, wait! I think it's my favorite ride ever".

On the way out of the ride we saw a parade in the main street and we were able to catch most of it. We later realized it was a "Block Party" parade or something of that nature. Tyler loved it of course, and even caught 2 foam balls that popped out like confetti at the end. Jason slept through the parade in a quieter area with my dad.






After Jason woke up we spent some time in the Honey, I Shrunk the Kids playground. Jason was having a great time until he somehow fell backwards down 2 steps, flipping over in the process. He scraped up his face quite a bit and was pretty upset, but in typical Jason-fashion he quickly returned to his normal self.


We got out of Muppet 3-D Vision and it was pouring. Intense rain. Everyone who had been exiting ended up staying under the pavillion waiting it out. Jason enticed some little girls by showing off his belly button repeatedly. Good times.

We had some time to kill before dinner (and it was still drizzling) so I brought Jason to first aid center to have his little boo-boo looked at. He was fine of course.

The whole gang had dinner at Hollywood & Vine. It's not my favorite of Disney restaurants, but because it's a buffet they do have many choices for everyone. Being that it was our last day with my brother and family we decided to have them bring a cupcake to celebrate Ty's birthday a few days early.


After trying a few times earlier and it not working out, we finally saw The Voyage of the Little Mermaid. Poor Ty is still scared of Ursula, but at least finally made it through the show. As expected, Jason was totally fine with it. Especially liked the bubbles.

My parents, myself and the boys were able to get last-minute handicap seating for Fantasmic. Both boys were pretty interested in it. We hadn't been a few years because Tyler used to be scared of it, which I guess is fairly understandable.





We had one last late-night trip to the pool with the whole family before my brother and their family got on the road to head back to NJ. Cara's ex-husband had tickets to bring the kids on their own vacation so they needed to return before us.

No comments: