Tuesday, July 15, 2008

STILL catching up

So on Friday, after camp, it was too darn hot to do anything else so we went to Chick-Fil-A for lunch and some playtime. Unknown to us, it was "Cow Appreciation Day", so anyone dressed like a cow got a free meal. That quickly explained the 6 college-aged kids in cow costumes. Anyway, they had their mascot roaming about the restaurant, which Tyler was quite pleased about.

Upon leaving the restaurant we encountered the cow walking down the median of the highway, presumably just drawing attention to the restaurant (it has just recently opened so many people don't know it's there). Lo and behold a cop car turns around with it's lights on and presumably tells the cow that he can not walk down the median and then proceeds to park his cop car perpendicularly in the road to stop traffic to help this cow cross the road. Tyler found this all greatly amusing and proceeded to say to my mom "Mom-mom, you ever seen a cow cross the highway before?". Most of us probably have not. LOL. This is a great story that Tyler loves to share with anyone and everyone.

That night we (my parents and I) decided to order cheese steaks when Tyler announced that he'd rather have "China food" (which we corrected him as being "Chinese" food). He ordered won ton soup, white rice, and chopsticks. He's never touched a chopstick before, but apparently he had just seem them on his "Around the World in 80 days" Mickey DVD we borrowed from the library. He had a grand time with his chopsticks, and I must say he didn't do too bad.

I guess I probably did not mention that I guess I'm sick. So, pretty much, my parents raised Tyler while I dealt with some crazy flu-like illness for a few days. My parents took him all sorts of places: my grandparents house, the lake (a few times), back to Chick-Fil-A one night, camp, the pet store, etc. Me, I laid in bed.

The following are some photos from a country fair they took him to. In all honesty, I'm really not displeased that I missed it. Totally NOT my cup of tea. And I find it shocking that any 3-year-old would appreciate a demonstration on how to operate a horse treadmill, civil war reenactment, how to operate a loom, antique baby shoe collection, broom maker, blacksmith, etc. But Tyler loved it and I am happy that this type of stuff does interest him. I just have to secretly cringe when he asks me to look up on the internet how to make yarn. LOL.



1 comment:

Mommyof2boys said...

I find it sooo neat that Tyler is very interested in things like that ! In fact,I'm a little jealous because it would knock me off my socks if Ashton asked me things like that,maybe I need to take him more places...sigh.
Saturday it's actually "mommy and ashton day" I was going to take him to the movies,lunch at Chick-fil-a and then let him run around at the play area in our mall,I'm sure to blog about it ;)