Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Seriously, I have to wonder

Have YOU ever been tempted to try a new store/product because you saw a PERSON out holding a sign advertising for it at the side of the road?

I don't know why, but I'm so bothered by those darn people that hold signs advertising everything from new homes, pizza, going out of business sales, etc. Maybe it's just me, but I'm LESS likely to be intrigued by a store when I see sweaty people outside holding the sign. In MY opinion (for what it's worth) I'd rather see a sign staked nicely into the ground. Or better yet, NOTHING. I, for one, would do some research on new home builders before going out to buy a home...not tempted to buy one because some moron with a crazy sombrero is outside waving around a sign like a lunatic.

Clearly there must be some research behind this approach to support it's usefulness. I can't imagine that companies pay people money to stand outside for no reason??????

So, again, have YOU ever stopped somewhere after seeing a person by the side of the road holding a sign? Maybe if companies see my comments they'll be tempted to switch their ways. LOL!

3 comments:

Simply AnonyMom said...

OK, I admit that I have pulled in because of a sign. I was visiting my parents in UT and I was craving coffee. My parents do not drink it and do not know where the closest coffee place was. My mom said she thought one was opening neat by and I set out vaguely in search. I saw the signs advertising coffee and immediately pulled in. The coffee was terrible, but better than none at all.

However as far for pizza and tax places and new homes, I ignore them and pray they do not step out in front of me ecause I might just hit them, lol. J.K of course.

Working Mama said...

No Way, Mellie...especially the people wearing the sandwich boards or "spinning" the signs for "newly refurbished condo complex"...LOL. I really feel for the people that have to wear stupid costumes though on the side of the road & jump up and down (like in a chicken suit or dressed as the statue of liberty)....but on the other hand, how bad are their job skills that that is the best job they can get???

Melodie said...

I've never even considered going somewhere because of one of those sign holders. I do, however, notice and make fun of them.