Monday, July 28, 2008

crappy mommy award

Yep, the award goes to me.

We've been saying, for at least a month now, that we were going to take Tyler to Disney for his birthday weekend. My parents are going to be here, and Al supposedly won't be deployed anywhere. We figured it would be a nice little way to celebrate Tyler, especially since his little brother will be here pretty soon and stealing a lot of attention.

Tyler has said all along that he wanted to stay at Pop Century. He's only ever stayed at a value resort, or else I'm sure he'd want to stay somewhere else, but of the value resorts Pop Century is his favorite...because it says "P O P spells Pop". Yep, quite a feature, huh? Anyway, his other request was going to Chef Mickey's for his birthday breakfast. He's only been there once, which was for his 3rd birthday breakfast.

Being that I've known of this plan for at least a month, you might think that I would have called before to make these reservations, huh? Nope, not me. Mommy of the year waits until last night. Thank goodness I was able to get Pop Century reservations, but there is NOTHING at Chef Mickey's that whole weekend. Not for breakfast OR dinner either day. I had to settle for The Crystal Palace for dinner on Saturday, which was the ONLY thing they had available.

Now don't get me wrong, Tyler won't be upset about this and will be thrilled with his birthday, but it just irritates me that I couldn't make his weekend perfect. All because I waited too long.

4 comments:

Working Mama said...

It's not like you had anything else on your mind, Heather! LOL! Hey, at least you got the hotel and "a" character meal. Far from Crappy Mommy!

Melodie said...

Crappy Mommy? I think not! Besides, if Tyler learns at a young age that he can't always have everything go his way, he'll be a much more well-adjusted adult in the future. And hey, he IS still going to Disney for his birthday! Which is probably all he really cares about anyway.

Karlise said...

If you can Heather, keep calling. People cancel ADRs all the time! You can also ask at the front desk of your hotel when you check in and switch them.

Unknown said...

I'm sure DYFS will be showing up at your door any minute now(sorry, I know I said I wouldn't comment on your blog.....I did restrain myself for months and months)