Sunday, July 20, 2008

last trip to the Jersey Shore

On Saturday we decided to beat the heat and head to Atlantic City. I think we made the right choice, 'cause while it was 97 scorching degrees at my parent's house, it was significantly more tolerable at the beach!

My mom had $30 in food vouchers at the Taj Majal, so we ate in a little shop there (one that Tyler picked out based on the fact that it had couches that you could eat at). From there it was off to the rides. Tyler actually rode a new ride, the "boat ride", which he found fascinating.

From there it was off to the beach. It was GORGEOUS! Today I planned ahead and brought Tyler's bathing suit, which of course only meant that nothing but his ankles ever touched the water. LOL. Instead he played in the sand.

In fact he buried himself in the sand.

I have to share this picture because it's one of my favorite "sites" in Atlantic City. It's just an old pier, but to me it always reminds me of some sort of ancient Greek ruin. Hey, since I'm likely NOT to travel overseas anytime soon, that will have to hold me over. LOL.

On, and in case anyone is curious, my stinkin' lucky mom won $55. I, on the other hand, lost $5 (of her money). In reality, that's sorta like a win to me considering how unlucky I usually am! So, the trip MADE them some money. Gotta love a Saturday night with a cash bonus!

1 comment:

Mommyof2boys said...

Looks like a fun day !
I think that pier looks really neat as well !