Sunday, July 27, 2008

Exhausted!

So I'm in spring cleaning mode. Or nesting mode. Whatever you want to call it.

Yesterday I had to organize all of Tyler's room. I rearranged everything and weeded out all of the "baby toys". It's mostly done.

Today I tackled the baby's room while Al had Tyler outside for a while and then while he was napping and later after he fell asleep. The baby's room has been our spare bedroom/office/junk room for a long time now. And it's filled to the brim. While I was in NJ Al got all the baby's furniture in there and set up and we discovered we didn't even have room for it all even after we got out the office stuff. I decided that the dresser should go IN the closet, but that of course meant that today I had to clean out that closet. Ugh. But in order to do so I had to clear out my hope chest to make room for the scrap booking stuff that was in the closet. Thoroughly bored and confused? I am. Anyway, long story short, the dresser is in there and I have PILES of things everywhere. Some stuff is already on Craigslist, other stuff has to be photoed and put on eBay, some stuff will be donated if we don't have a garage sale. And yet the rest of the heap (which, believe me, there still is a ton) has to be relocated somewhere else in the house.

I know I've vented before about this (but probably not on the blog) but what is my husband's resistance to getting rid of his things? Here I am getting rid of scrap booking stuff and memorabilia and other seemingly useful or meaningful things, but yet my husband won't part with any of his huge 2 Tupperware containers of baseball cards. Baseball cards?! Contrary to his beliefs, these will never have value. Ever. And, no, Tyler won't want them. And then there are the endless electronics. I won't even get into that, because it will irritate me all over again.

At least we did have some down time. We took Tyler out miniature golfing. I kept score while the boys practiced their skills. I believe the score was somewhere in the vicinity of 60 to 378. I bet you can guess who won. He, he. Tyler actually did well though, meaning he played all the holes without losing interest and running up and down hills and trying to float mulch in the streams. That's not to say he didn't do those things, but he stayed with our group and attempted to golf the whole time. Improvements!

Oh, and I have yet to drive my brand new vehicle. The man who insisted that he didn't want a minivan has been commandeering the driver's seat.

3 comments:

Debbie said...

You need to tell Al to move on over and take that steering wheel...LOL!

I know what you and everyone else is talking about "purging" and cleaning out, etc. We've been doing that since vacation and just yesterday, I started to list things on Ebay. It seems like a neverending cycle...

I had record albums for over 30 yrs that I freecycled last year...I also had BD cards that I finally threw out...Who needs cards from when I turned 5 or 6..LOL! It felt good...the albums were sad, but now a year later...A lot of memorablia that I would not need is gone...

Plus, the nesting...you are definitely getting ready!

Working Mama said...

I think nesting is one of the glorious benefits of pregnancy - besides the beautiful baby that is - somehow you have this real clarity of what you really need & what you don't. Despite pregnancy being a hormone roller coaste sometimes, it doesn't seem hard to purge things! Good going!

Karlise said...

Oh yes, the dh's stuff. I know I keep stuff but he has some "memories" he refuses to give up like a ratty, holey tshirt or a plastic cup from a bar. Really?!