Friday, July 11, 2008

Last Day in New England

On Sunday we had a tearful goodbye, as Tyler did not want to leave Zak nor his "very special air mattress" he had been sleeping on at their house. In fact he suggested we take a photo so that he could look at it and remember Zak. Apparently he felt they had become quite close.
From there Marisa, Katie, and I (and the kiddos) head south and stopped for lunch before arriving at Old Sturbridge Village. I really didn't expect Tyler to enjoy it too much, but I figured it was wide open spaces and he could run around before being cooped back up in the car. Well, I was wrong. The child loved it and wanted to visit all the buildings, listen to all the demonstrations, and read ALL the plaques (much to my dismay and my father's amusement). He also got to pick out a treat at the little bakery. He chose his "first ever rock candy". Just what he needed...pure sugar in rock form.

From there it was off to Mark Twain's house in CT where my dad was set to meet up with us. We had called ahead (twice) and they were to be open until 5:30 with the last tour leaving at 4:30. What they didn't tell us, which would have been very useful, was that the tours had been sold out for hours. So, we arrived there and really could only watch the video documentary (which was pretty interesting) and then got to tour the grounds.

My dad met us there around 5:30 and we said our goodbyes to everyone. All in all it was a very tiring, but wonderful, weekend and I'm so glad I got the chance to see my good friends. We had (thankfully) pretty uneventful drive home and Tyler fell asleep sometime before arrival so that we were able to carry him right to bed. Phew.

1 comment:

Mommyof2boys said...

What a fun weekend and so cool you were able to meet up with some of your college friends ! Ashton had his first ever rock candy a few months ago,he didn't think too much of it other than wanting to play with the stick ~sigh~
I love all your pictures,Tyler looks like he had a blast and you look so good !