Thursday, July 10, 2008

Boston!

So, for those that don't know, Boston was my beloved college town. I actually met my friend Katie (to be discussed) my freshman year in college but we were only in a few classes together (if that). We then met Marisa our sophomore year in college and we were all friends from the start. Anyway, we were all the same major so we spent a LOT of time together and became inseparable. In fact, we decided to live together senior year in an apartment off campus. Now it's been over 8 years since we graduated college and we're still very close, even if it's not in proximity.

Anyway, back to the point. Early Saturday afternoon Marisa and I (and the kids) head off to Boston to meet up with Katie. Katie had been in Boston with her husband for the 4th of July and her hubby was flying home and she was gonna spend a few days with us. Marisa and I haven't seen Katie in over 3 years (she lives in CA)!

We met up and hit the BU bookstore for some official BU gear. Tyler got a little Boston University t-shirt and I got a BU Sigg bottle, which I was excited about. We had a little snack and then did a little site-seeing of the campus. Tyler loved looking at the dorms we had lived in and searching for all the red and gold BU campus signs (for those that don't know, the campus is spread out throughout the city so a random campus building might be right next door to a restaurant).

From there it was off to the Public Gardens. I love the Public Gardens and I was excited for Tyler to see them. He enjoyed watching squirrels and chipmunks and looking at statues. We all went on a swan boat ride, which was very fun.

Katie bought both of the kids a stuffed swan, which Tyler named "swanny orange beak", although he usually calls it "goosey".

We hung out at the Make Way for Ducklings statues for a while. Tyler thought this was great fun.

Then we had our picture taken at the same location we have now numerous times in the past. We have some college photos there, and then a photo from Tyler's first trip to Boston with my friends when he was 7 months old, and now a current one!
From there it was off to eat some yummy lunch at a cute little cafe.
Then we quick ran back to our car just in time to discover our parking fine for an unpaid meter we had forgotten about. LOL. Just like old times!

2 comments:

Working Mama said...

Awww, that is just awesome. It is so sweet to take your children back to place that are special to you from your earlier years. I was just telling Matthew that next summer we want to go to Buffalo (where I grew up) and take him to the Buffalo Zoo (which was my fav thing to do as a child) and Niagra Falls, etc. By the way, we are huge McClosky fans so the "Make Way For Ducklings" statue was loved by this household! I don't know why I didn't remember you went to BU! Looking forward to seeing you soon! We are having a pool party again tomorrow and we'll miss you & Tyler!

Debbie said...

My girlfriend and I went to Boston once for a long weekend. I remember that Prince made a surprise appearance at a club we went to. But I loved it and wished I would of gone back. We did the touristy things, like Fanuiel Hall (sp.), the mall with the marble floors and of course, Cheers...We did other things, I remember it being March and sooo cold. But beautiful!